Newell Brands Coleman - Blowmold Operator, 1 Shift (Staffmark Employees Only) in Wichita, Kansas
Live, Learn, Work and Play
At Coleman our vision is to be the leading outdoor recreation company in the U.S. by developing high-quality, innovative products that enhance the enjoyment of the outdoors and create lasting memories. Our world-class employees do this by creating innovative, consumer-focused products that deliver outstanding value resulting in superior financial results.
Operates various Blowmolding machines for the production of cases, lids and wheels within defined production specifications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs a variety of tasks to produce various pieces by blowmolding. Judgment is required to maintain cycle speed and to produce quality products in compliance with defined production specifications.
1. Confirm and sign Blowmold Safety buyoff prior to operating machine.
2. Initiate cycle start and remove part with excess plastic from mold, via conveyor, parts picker or manually, after machine control device opens mold.
3. Separate and/or trim excess material from parts or purged material.
4. Flame parts
5. Maintain cycle time standard to meet production requirements.
6. Stack parts into racks or palletainers, moving or adjusting rack/pallatianer as required.
7. Track good/bad parts produced.
8. Regrind excess plastic and unsatisfactory parts for reuse using a grinder.
9. Weigh parts hourly and continuously inspect for Critical to Quality (CTQ) elements.
10. Utilize 5S methods to maintain a clean work environment and follow Lean Manufacturing Principles.
2. Use of hand and portable tools including use of a knife, deburr tool and/or scraper blade. Use of cleaning tools such as brooms.
3. Responsible for quality of own work.
4. Responsible for notifying lead/supervisor with machine issues and material shortages.
5. Work in a safe manner at all times and in compliance with site Safety Policies.Comply with all Coleman policies and procedures.
6. Ability to work a weekend schedule and overtime as needed.
7. Performs other related duties as required including but not limited to training for these processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred or combination of related experience plus education. Requires the use of simple arithmetic, calculator and weight scale. Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions presented in English.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred
Moderate to extreme working conditions due to noise level of work area, dust/dirt, and odors. Extreme temperatures during summer months.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
COMPANY: The Coleman Company, Inc.
Requisition Id: 112870
Location: KS - Wichita