Newell Brands Stockhandler 12 Hour Days (Material Handler) - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Stockhandler 12 Hour Days (Material Handler)
Location: Whately, MA
Reports to: Operations Leader
Shift: Rotating schedule 5:45 AM – 6:00 PM
If you’re looking for a strong company with a “friendly atmosphere” and welcoming culture, apply for our Material Handler position!
The Material Handler position is responsible for performing various manual and mechanical duties to move a variety of raw materials throughout an assigned work center. The Stockhandler may be required to perform other functions to support manufacturing as necessary.
• Ability to drive power equipment and become certified in forklift operation.
• Willingness and ability to operate various types of powered equipment, (i.e. turret, pacer, rider jack, reach truck, etc.), hand trucks, and related manual equipment.
• Operate electric and motorized material handling equipment for storing and retrieving raw materials.
• Perform physical inventory counts and recording inventory totals.
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to read and write in the English language.
• Steel toed boots are required.
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Demonstrating strong math capabilities are required in order to perform physical inventory counts.
• Prior warehousing experience.
• Experience operating material handling equipment.
• Ability to use a 2-way radio.
• Experience using RF scanning equipment.
• Experience with Oracle.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.