Newell Brands Senior Project Coordinator in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Senior Project Coordinator
Location: Whately, MA
Reports to: Global Data Integrity Manager
The Senior Project Coordinator must perform all the duties of a Project Coordinator but show proficiency and ownership in 2-3 areas of specialty and complexity. Their setup work is regularly accomplished by training, facilitating and delegating tasks to temporary support. They will track progress and identify obstacles, and provide recommendations pertaining to systems and process. They will represent the DIG team in meetings, being able to work as a team member to collaborate on solutions within their scope of responsibility. Team members need to be proficient in multiple areas of specialty. They must show leadership daily in their interactions and be capable of covering responsibility for the department as a whole.
• All the duties of a Project Coordinator, including additional leadership and complexity of responsibility for 2 or more areas (ie. Purchased and Manufactured Items, Raws and Finished goods)
• Develop documentation and reports to support the DIG process, and that of our customers/
• Perform advanced level Integrity checks with large line count files, ensuring accuracy and repeatability
• Document, maintain, and suggest improvements to Item categorization framework and file transfer requirements of data Work with Customers to ensure data flow and usages is as expected, and trouble shoot and correct when issues arise.
• Develop and use daily and special reports to support customers with information about Bill of Material setups, as well as for tracking raw material status flows Item Master and Bills of Materials. Ensure data setup aligns with intended production, and where discrepancies may arise, propose solutions and collaborate to correct.
• Support all projects to which one is assigned, balancing clerical support of projects with the setup needs of customers.
• Participate in all audits, both internal and external, providing documentation, communicating process, and supporting good document retention. Obtain approvals and communicate need for such to ensure SOX process is followed.
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues as they arise, specifically using large data files of many lines. Have capability to develop repeatable tools for analysis, and provide guidance to leadership using data.
• Ability to support data conversions and like projects including testing, script creation, validation, etc.
• High degree of confidentiality required, and a strong ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Highly adaptable to various administrative routines requiring speed, accuracy, and flexibility.
• Thorough knowledge of spreadsheet software required. Comfort in abilities to work with large data files easily, efficiently, and accurately.
• Ability to lead others through entry tasks, and validate correct entry.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and concurrent tasks and to prioritize own work required with excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, representing the department when required.
• Capable of trouble shooting systems and reports and working with Business Information Systems for solutions.
• Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
• Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred, 3 – 5 years previous experience.
• Experience in Oracle systems preferred.
• Knowledge of and ability to use data base functionality a plus.
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially an education verification as part of the application process. At the time of interview, internal and external applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the company to conduct criminal background check and/or education verification.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.