Newell Brands Mechanical Technician (Weekend Days) - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Whately, MA, MA
Shift: Weekend Days, Friday - Monday
Reports to: Assistant Manager of Mechanical
Come join our Mechanical Team! If you have certification or training in the area of mechanical technology or if you have experience fixing machines or cars, and have an aptitude for reading mechanical drawings and using modern diagnostic equipment, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The Mechanical Technician is focused on maintenance, modifications and new installations of equipment and mechanical systems. The Mechanical Technician will service manufacturing equipment by performing general maintenance, inspections, necessary repairs, and troubleshooting tasks.
• Communicates and works directly with engineering on repairs/ diagnostics and equipment modifications. Can read and understand basic mechanical drawings and blueprints.
• Maintains all plant and production equipment by using analytical troubleshooting specifically of mechanical components and systems.
• Works with electrical technicians and assists with electronic and mechanical repairs or diagnostics of machinery and systems.
• Installs components, units and mechanical devices following specifications.
• Uses a basic understanding of mechanics, mechanical systems and robotics to diagnose problems.
• Uses hand, power, and pneumatic tools as well as electronic testing equipment.
• With assistance fabricates or modifies mechanical components, jigs and test fixtures under direction or from supplied sketches, drawings or blueprints.
• Degree from a Technical HS mechanical technology or equivalent certification or Equivalent Experience
• Ability to read and write in the English language
• Steel toed boots are required
• Abillity to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis
• Must be able to read and follow complicated mechanical parts, diagrams and blueprints
• Knowledge and use of hand tools, machine tolls and various other analytical devices for troubleshooting mechanical systems
• Experience working in an industrial equipment repair and maintenance environment.
• Solid computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows, Excel, & Word.
• Previous working experience with CMMS
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.