Newell Brands Maintenance Worker - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Maintenance Worker
Location: Whately, MA
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Shift: Friday & Monday 5:30 AM – 2:00 PM and Saturday & Sunday 5:30 AM – 6:00 PM
The Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of custodial duties to maintain Yankee Candle Company’s physical facilities in an orderly and habitable condition both indoors and outdoors.
• Daily routine custodial work, including trash removal, cleaning bathrooms, floor care, etc.
• Minor building maintenance (light plumbing, patching walls, paint touch-ups, hanging objects, etc.)
• Seasonal work such as snow removal, raking, and lawn maintenance.
• Support the manufacturing facility but can include other local campus buildings, grounds and parking lots.
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience required.
• Ability to read and write in the English language is required.
• Steel toed boots are required.
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis (A post-offer physical assessment will be conducted due to the high level of physical demand required for this position).
• Light plumbing a plus.
• Experience to operate power equipment including but not limited to snow blowers, power washer and floor care equipment strongly preferred.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.