Newell Brands Maintenance Worker 3rd shift - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Maintenance Worker
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Shift: 3rd shift Sunday – Thursday, 9:30 PM – 6:00 AM
Job Summary: 3rd shift Maintenance Worker
The Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of custodial duties to maintain Yankee Candle Company’s physical facilities in an orderly and habitable condition both indoors and outdoors.
• Daily routine custodial work (trash removal, cleaning bathrooms, floor care, etc.)
• Minor building maintenance (light plumbing, patching walls, paint touch-ups, hanging objects, etc.
• Seasonal work (snow removal, raking, lawn maintenance, etc
• Support the manufacturing facility but can include other local campus buildings, grounds and parking lots
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience required
• Ability to read and write in the English language is required
• Steel toed boots are required
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis (A post-offer physical assessment will be conducted due to the high level of physical demand required for this position)
• Light plumbing a plus
• Experience to operate power equipment including but not limited to snow blowers, power washer and floor care equipment strongly preferred