Newell Brands Machine Operator (12 hour rotating days) - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Machine Operator (12 hour rotating days)
Location: Whately, MA
Shift: 12 hour days rotating schedule 5:45 AM – 6:00 PM
Reports to: Operations Leader
Job Summary: Machine Operator (12 hour rotating days)
Since we opened our first manufacturing plant in 1973, employees have been the pillar of our success. From hand-making candles through running high technical machines, passion, talent and dedication among our employees has driven us to the success we share today.
The Machine Operator is responsible for running equipment and troubleshooting, following schedules and calculating formulas. In this role the Machine Operator will need to exercise good judgment to comply with instructions and standard procedures. The successful candidate will need to use automated and manual equipment including: basic hand tools, temperature gauges, wax tanks, pumps, hoses and packaging equipment.
• Ability totroubleshoot and problem solve equipment.
• Produce product at specific rates for each piece of machinery while maintaining quality standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write in the English language
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis
• Good working knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to calculate percentages
• Previous machine operator experience in a manufacturing environment
• Basic knowledge of computers a plus
• Ability to problem solve
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.