Newell Brands Maintenance Technician, Jostens in Visalia, California
Title: Maintenance Technician, Print
Location: Visalia, CA
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Our Jostens plant is looking for a highly skilled Industrial and Print Maintenance Technician responsible for the maintenance and repair of production machinery, physical plant equipment, and the building in general. Provides a wide variety of Maintenance support requiring generalized and specific knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, machined parts, pneumatic, HVAC, water, and other systems. Reads schematics and diagnoses equipment malfunctions. Repairs and / or orders parts to replace failed components. Provides detailed systems analysis, using blueprints, schematics, testing gauges and other equipment to isolate and identify cause(s) of malfunctions. Crafts parts for water, compressed air, hydraulic, electrical and machined metal parts with on-site equipment.
Provides detailed descriptions, dimensions, and specifications for outsourced parts and systems. Coordinates repairs with external vendors and work performed by others through Maintenance Contracts. Assists with the installation of production equipment to insure proper infrastructure and support systems. Trains others in proper preventive maintenance in accordance with manufacturer specifications. Works independently and as part of a team to minimize equipment down time and install/move equipment as scheduled.
Provides maintenance and support solutions to building modifications. Ensures that all work is done according to laws, rules and regulations governing external power systems, environments and safety. Works regularly scheduled shifts and is periodically on-call for emergency services. Prioritizes work according to safety, production and project plans. Keeps updated on new technologies, repair equipment and governmental regulations.
• Responsible for Plant electrical and mechanical trouble-shooting of production, facility, support and HVAC and water systems
• Provide basic supervision of maintenance teams involved with installation and repair of equipment and facility systems. Provide input to employee performance reviews. Support department supervisor and manager in daily operations as needed.
• Responsible for tracking costs and updating parts and supply inventories. Remove, repair or replace broken parts on production equipment. Motor repair and installation. Install, move, retrofit or fabricate new or existing equipment in the plant
• Responsible for all preventative and rebuilt maintenance of the facility and production equipment
• Use independent judgement to properly react to and contain Plant emergencies
• Maintain and repair HVAC system and Fire Suppressor Equipment. Operate test machine shop equipment, lift trucks, man-lifts and overhead gantries
• Assist factory representatives in installation of new equipment
• Provides leadership and training in all aspects of Plant and equipment safety guidelines and instructions, including proper use of PPE and Safety Guards
• Certification (or equivalent experience) in one or more of the following trades: machinist, Electrician, Industrial Machinery Mechanic.
• 5 + years’ experience with fabrication, complex machine repair, electrical troubleshooting, HVAC, industrial machinery assembly, and facility systems maintenance and repair
• Demonstrated leadership in Maintenance Shop Operations & Baler Systems
• Demonstrated leadership in plant emergencies and thorough knowledge of Fire and other Emergency Systems and shut-offs
• Knowledge of State and Federal Safety and Environmental compliance regulations
• Ability to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice
• Excellent time-management skills and ability to work well under pressure of deadlines
• Flexibility to learn and use new technology
• Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Demonstrated ability to develop subordinates and train required skills in mechanical and electrical machine and systems repair
• Has served as an effective role model, either internally or externally
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.