Newell Brands Artist, Jostens in Visalia, California
Location: Visalia, CA
Reports to: Art Supervisor
As an artist at Jostens you will assist customers and sales reps with yearbook design by direct consulting; to provide computer-aided design for covers, interior composition, end sheets and special features; and to assist production with computer design support.
• Create computer design work – using applications like Photoshop, Photoshop/In Design, QuarkXPress, Freehand and Illustrator. Must perform work with both Mac and PC formats.
• Communicate well with external and internal customers as well as sales reps. Design “on the fly”, face-to-face, with customers and reps. Use knowledge regarding production and products to help customers design proper/affordable pieces.
• Utilize working knowledge of proper set-up for black and white and color, traps, bleeds, covers, etc.
• Organize work priorities and report progress per department schedule. Assist with department schedules and other needs.
• Assist production with creative work as well as retouching, reconstruction, etc., per plant needs
• Use traditional art skills such as hand lettering, illustration, airbrushing, etc. for covers, etc. Create various design and production work using all types of art media.
• Responsible for working within the plant’s general safety and work rules.
• Associates degree in graphic design/art, or equivalent experience required.
• Computer skills and experience with design applications required (three years preferred).
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice.
• Ability to work well under the pressure of numerous deadlines.
• Must have flexibility to work with and learn new technology.
• Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.