Newell Brands Customer Service Consultant, Jostens in Topeka, Kansas
Come join a winning team and be the main point of contact for yearbook customers, yearbook staff, advisor and sales reps. You will ensure smooth flow of customer product through manufacturing process and meet all customer needs within production limits and capacities.
• Acts as a liaison between external customer(s) as assigned and the manufacturing facility, Sales, and/or production/internal customers/product management, to provide customized service at the account level.
• Provides information, answers questions and follow up on issues that arise, including order location/status/tracking, shipping/fulfillment, remake requests, file transmission issues, product quality, or revisions in product, pricing, product knowledge and specifications for assigned customer(s).
• Must be able to locate and determine status of jobs in production through contact with production control and working files in response to inquiries from customer(s), Sales, or product management; provide data as requested for ongoing product management analysis.
• Provide general tactical account management for assigned customer(s); prioritize, fulfill, or delegate customer requests.
• Participates in training of colleagues as required.
• Assist with tours when customers visit the plant.
Associate or BA/BS degree, or equivalent training required; printing industry preferred.
• 2 + years’ experience or training in successful customer relations; key account management experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills via telephone, email, Internet, and face-to-face.
• Demonstrated customer-focused attitude with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Basic management abilities, including planning, organizing, prioritizing, and policy administration; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• High level of creativity, ability to work independently, and ability to self-start in problem solving and process improvement, required.
• Computer skills in MS Office Suite required; technical aptitude and savvy a must.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire, like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G), are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.