Newell Brands Pure Fishing Multi-Line Extrusion Operator-3rd shift in Spirit Lake, Iowa
Live, Learn, Work and Play
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, SevenStrand®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 19 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH).
At Pure Fishing, we stand behind our values, our coworkers, and our determination to Build the World's Best Fishing Tackle Company.
Position Summary - Performs a variety of estabished functions to mass produce the world's finest assortments of fishing line which must meet all established criteria and attributes.
1. Monitors extruders for continuous operation.
2. Performs mixing operation.
3. Performs set up operations.
4. Maintains operational log on all settings and temperatures of ovens and roll stands.
5. Removes the full spools and positions empties on take-up.
6. Checks lines for roughness, proper test, correct diameter and elongation.
7. Monitors proper level wind and tension on all spools.
8. Performs die changes, braid changes,color changes and material changes.
9. Records all usage of material and makes note of all scrap.
10. Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment.
11. Disassembles and reassembles die packs.
12. Maintains safe and orderly workstation.
13. Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
14. Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing and performs select SAP transactions
15. Other duties as assigned
1. Qualifications To perform this job successfully this individual must have a mechanical aptitude. Must be able to follow set recipes and data to produce quality monofilament. Job requires good hand dexterity and coordination. Must support a team style work environment and be a self-starter with a positive attitude. Must be able to work overtime and a 7-day shift operation.
2. Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 612 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Physical Ability Will handle spools and materials weighing from 5 to 50 pounds, and move containers weighing 200# using barrel cart. Ability to work under very warm conditions is essential.
2. Reasoning Ability Ability to use good judgment to maximize the most yield possible while maintaining safety.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
Requisition Id: 112547
Location: IA - Spirit Lake