Newell Brands Warehouse Worker 2nd shift - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Warehouse Worker
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Shift: 2nd shift Monday – Friday, 2:00 PM – 10:00 AM
Reports to: Operations Leader
Job Summary: 2nd shift Warehouse Worker
Passion and dedication drive our employees to make the America’s best loved candle. At Yankee Candle, we search for people with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a passion to be the best distribution center.
The Warehouse Worker will perform various duties within the standard operating procedures to ensure accurate Material handling, Returns, Restocking, Shipping, and Receiving processes to meet the department’s mission of providing excellent and on time customer service while maintaining engineered standards. The Warehouse Worker will operate various electric and motorized material handling equipment ie: Fork lift, Pallet Jack, Reach truck, and Turret truck.
• Ability to drive powered equipment and to become certified on powered Industrial equipment.
• Loads and unloads trailers, restocking picking areas and follows procedures to properly document the movement of product.
• Retrieves and stocks materials and product to support other operations in the building.
• Prepares parcel and freight shipments for pick-up.
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience required
• Ability to read and write in the English language is required
• Steel toed boots are required
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis (A post-offer physical assessment will be conducted due to the high level of physical demand required for this position)
• Ability to work at heights up to 24 feet for high rack applications on Powered Industrial equipment
• Ability to use of a 2-way radio
• Prior warehousing experience
• Previous experience operating material handling equipment
• Experience using RF scanning equipment
• Experience with Oracle
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.