Newell Brands Staff Accountant - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reports to: General Accounting Manager
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for the day to day accounting functions to maintain the financial records for The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. including preparing and entering journal entries, bank and general ledger account reconciliations and prepare and analyze the financial statements. They will also assist in the completion of the quarterly and year-end financial audits. This position also has a relationship with the Retail division's management team and their depository bank branches to discuss and resolve any issues related to their bank account reconciliation. This position is exposed to confidential information related to budgets and strategic initiatives undertaken by the Company.
• Acts as an accounting contact for assigned department(s) and provides analysis and adjustment of P&L statements
• Reconciles assigned accounts and corporate bank statements to the general ledger monthly
• Acts as an Intercompany Account contact for assigned companies
• Assists the General Accounting Manager with the quarterly and year-end financial audits
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, with 1-2 years progressive Accounting experience preferred.
• Proven analytical skills, including the understanding of general accounting principles.
• Solid organizational skills, including strong detail orientation and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Superb communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and a GL Module of an ERP system preferred.
• Experience with Hyperion a plus.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play . Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.