Newell Brands Senior Staff Accountant - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reports to: Manager, Accounting
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial records including: advanced preparation of cash analysis/assisting in cash forecasting, preparing and entering journal entries, bank and general ledger account reconciliations and preparation and analysis of the financial statements, as well as, assisting in the completion of the quarterly and year-end financial audits, and review of monthly P&L variance analysis as given. Under limited supervision, the Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the General Accounting Manager with the normal day to day accounting functions for the Department. Responsible for preparing the daily cash analysis and weekly cash forecasting model for the Corporate Finance.
· Prepares enters and determines assigned journal entries as well as miscellaneous accrual and adjustment journal entries within the 4 day period end closing timeline for the Accounting Dept.
· Reconciles monthly bank accounts to the general ledger including Yankee Candle’s master concentration account and resolves any discrepancies with the banking institution as well as notifies the appropriate internal personnel of any issues.
· Acts as an accounting contact for an assigned department(s) by supporting the departmental management team by providing analyses, guidance as well as processing of all adjustments and accruals for the period end P&L financial statements
· Analyze assigned general ledger accounts and prepare monthly reconciliation schedules with detailed accuracy for review by Manager
· Journalize, reconcile and balance intercompany reporting within the corporate consolidation system (HFM)
· Assist the General Accounting Manager with the external / internal quarterly and year-end financial/sox audits
· Assist with Balance Sheet and P&L forecasting process
· Assist the General Accounting Manager by providing guidance and support to the Staff Accountants
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
· 3-5 years experience in a high paced accounting environment
· Experience using Excel and a GL Module of an ERP system, preferably Oracle
· Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication and analytical skills
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.