Newell Brands Senior Billing Associate - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
PositionTitle: Senior Billing Associate
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reportsto: Manager of Account Receivable
The Senior BillingAssociate oversee daily billing operations including month end close. Lead andcoordinate activities of Wholesale, Fundraising and Intercompany Billing.Coordinate with other departments on Billing related issues. Assist Accounts Receivable Manager whenneeded.
· Team lead on billing operations to insure timely and accurate processing of invoices and credits in accordance with company policy. Ensure proper and complete internal controls exist to allow accurate billing processing and reporting and ensure controls are followed.
· Identify and resolve issues related to billing and credits. Work with Wholesale, Fundraising, General Accounting, IT and/or Shipping to resolve these issues in a timely manner.
· Ensure the accounting for billing transactions are accurate and that business segments are debited/credited appropriately. Keep manager informed of issues and problems and ensure proper communication within the dept.
· Ensure SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) are established and documented. Train and instruct team as to these procedures and standards of performance. Lead, develop and motivate team to allow efficient processing, ensure performance requirements are met in compliance with SOX.
· Responsible for all aspects of the BillTrust system and it's integration into our billing process. Including any and all updates, changes and modifications. Ensure that we regression test before any implementations are initiated.
· Responsible for running period end jobs and verifying that all transactions leading up to period end are processed within the appropriate fiscal month.
· Associate's degree in Finance or Accounting orequivalent experience.
· Three to five years billing experience
· Excellent communication, organizational andanalytical skills
· Knowledge of Oracle, Word, Excel.
· Knowledge of ERP system and data loader tools aplus.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.