Newell Brands Seasonal Stock Handler – Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Seasonal Stock Handler – Yankee Candle
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reports to: Operations Leader
Shift: 1st Shift & 2nd Shift, Monday – Friday
Looking for a rewarding position that offers a change of pace from your ordinary routine? If this sounds like you, then we have an exciting opportunity you’ll want to hear about!
Working as a Seasonal Stock Handler at Yankee Candle, you will be responsible for performing various functions. These include manual and mechanical duties to move a variety of raw materials throughout an assigned work center, as well as supporting our manufacturing department as necessary.
• Operates electric and motorized material handling equipment for storing and retrieving raw materials.
• Operates RF scanning equipment to identify and track material movement.
• Records inventory counts.
• Replenishes raw materials as needed.
• Performs duties pertaining to the movement of company goods throughout the factory.
• Ability to drive power equipment
• Proven strong attention to detail, including speed and accuracy in counting and checking is a must.
• Ability to read and write in English is required to interpret pull lists, inventory sheets, and other related printed information to determine which materials to pick, move, and store.
• Demonstrated strong math capabilities are required in order to perform physical inventory counts.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with co-workers in a positive, productive, and cooperative manner encouraging teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently.
• Flexibility in work schedule is also required for possible overtime, work on holidays, weekends, and extended hours with minimal notice and as required by operational need.
• Previous experience operating material handling equipment is a plus.
• Prior experience performing physical inventory counts and recording inventory totals preferred.
• Experience operating Radio Frequency (RF) or similar scanning equipment.
• Safety awareness and thorough knowledge of lifting procedures. Ability to exert physical effort up to 50% of the time for weights of 25 lbs. to 60 lbs.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.