Newell Brands Part Time Maintenance Worker - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Part Time Maintenance Worker
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Shift: Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Reports to: Operations Leader
Job Summary: Part Time Maintenance Worker
The Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of custodial duties to maintain Yankee Candle Company’s physical facilities in an orderly and habitable condition both indoors and outdoors.
• Daily routine custodial work (trash removal, cleaning bathrooms, floor care, etc.)
• Minor building maintenance (light plumbing, patching walls, paint touch-ups, hanging objects, etc.
• Seasonal work (snow removal, raking, lawn maintenance, etc
• Support the distribution center but can include other local campus buildings, grounds and parking lots
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience required
• Ability to read and write in the English language is required
• Steel toed boots are required
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis (A post-offer physical assessment will be conducted due to the high level of physical demand required for this position)
• Light plumbing a plus
• Experience to operate power equipment such as golf carts, lawn tractors, and snow blowers strongly preferred
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.