Newell Brands Maintenance Worker 2nd shift - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Maintenance Worker
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Shift: 2nd shift Monday – Friday, 2:00 PM – 10:00 AM
Job Summary: 2nd shift Maintenance Worker
The Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of custodial duties to maintain Yankee Candle Company’s physical facilities in an orderly and habitable condition both indoors and outdoors.
• Daily routine custodial work (trash removal, cleaning bathrooms, floor care, etc.)
• Minor building maintenance (light plumbing, patching walls, paint touch-ups, hanging objects, etc.
• Seasonal work (snow removal, raking, lawn maintenance, etc
• Support the distribution center but can include other local campus buildings, grounds and parking lots
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience required
• Ability to read and write in the English language is required
• Steel toed boots are required
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis (A post-offer physical assessment will be conducted due to the high level of physical demand required for this position)
• Light plumbing a plus
• Experience to operate power equipment such as golf carts, lawn tractors, and snow blowers strongly preferred