Newell Brands Finance Manager, Domestic Logistics & Transportation - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Finance Manager, Domestic Logistics & Transportation - Yankee Candle
Reports to: VP Supply Chain Finance
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Creating a Scentsational experience is everyone's goal in our Corporate Campus in South Deerfield, MA. Passion and skill drive our strategy and we pride ourselves on strong internal growth opportunities. The Finance Manager for Domestic Logistics and Transportation serves as the finance business partner for the Director of Logistics and Director of Transportation and is a key member of the US Supply Chain Finance team. The successful candidate will be a pro-active, proven financial manager with the ability to manage, develop, lead and partner with the business units in support of the Logistics and Transportation cost analysis functions.
• Lead the Logistics and Transportation Finance organization in the annual budgeting process, quarterly reforecasts and maintaining current quarter projections. Provide meaningful analysis of projected results to business unit stakeholders including analysis of spend as a percent of gross revenue.
• Manage monthly closing process ensuring appropriate journal entries are completed in a timely manner.
• Supervise and develop two senior financial analysts.
• Working with Operations Directors and the Transformation Office, work to analyze impact of proposed changes in operations or customer support strategies. Examples may include distribution network analysis/optimization, changes in pack-out approaches, and transportation modes.
• Together with the VP of Supply Chain Finance, manage the ongoing integration of 2 newly acquired sites into the Distribution network.
• Prepare variety of reports for management. Develops labor, materials and freight planning tools and pro-actively tracks performance to plan, communicating as appropriate to all internal parties as needed and as appropriate.
• Serves as liaison with 3rd party logistics vendors; develops and distributes weekly analysis reports focusing on major spend areas and highlighting variances with recommendations for enhancements to avoid future variances.
• Work closely with operating teams to ensure appropriate steps are taken to minimize and mitigate cost while balancing customer needs.
• Assist in inventory management reporting and analysis.
• Drive a continuous improvement culture while also pursuing opportunities to simplify processes.
This position has the responsibility to make day-to-day decisions for the entire Logistics and Transportation finance team from both an accounting and management perspective, as well as advise and assist senior management on significant financial decisions outside of this scope. This position is exposed to confidential financial statements, payroll and strategic initiatives of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/related field or equivalent experience and at least 5 years of related Finance experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas formally and informally.
• Solid analytical skills with the ability to relate complex financial items to appropriate stakeholders in a meaningful manner.
• The ability to prioritize, multi-task and proactively manage multiple, often competing priorities with diplomacy and tact.
• Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills, with advanced Excel and Access skills preferred.
• Flexibility is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational needs may require.
• Finance experience within a Supply Chain and/or Logistics division of a CPG, Manufacturing or Retail organization.
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially an education verification as part of the application process. At the time of interview, internal and external applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the company to conduct criminal background check and/or education verification.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.