Newell Brands Demand Planner - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Demand Planner
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reports to: Planning Manager
The Demand Planner will be responsible to plan and forecast future manufactured and purchased goods based on historical sales, current trends and customer plans for our Yankee Candle Wholesale accounts or Retail Stores. Implements a collaborative forecasting approach to maximize sales while minimizing inventory exposure through appropriate sales to stock ratios. The successful candidate will have strong strategic and analytical skills with the ability to adapt and learn broad enterprise objectives.
• Uses current and historical sales information, market trends and Point of Sale (POS) to develop sku level demand plan - maintained in weekly/monthly buckets utilizing demand planning software.
• Aligns demand plan with monthly and quarterly sales forecasts. Presents, solicits and assesses feedback on the various sales plans. Leads discussions and challenges discrepancies to ensure sales forecasts and demand plans accurately reflect expectations.
• Performs detailed analysis of new and seasonal products to provide initial and future forecasts based on trends and sales results. Works with internal & external customers to understand trends, promotions and product needs/requirements.
• Presents recommended forecast revisions to Sr. Management, Sales, Marketing, Brand Management teams or external customers.
• Functions as primary expert for assigned products and customers. May represent division on cross-functional review teams as relates to capacity and long-range planning needs.
• Responsible for ad-hoc analysis and project work related to demand planning and execution.
• Participate in departmental strategic planning.
• Perform post-mortem analyses for promotional events and strategies.
· Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience; 3-5 years of forecasting and planning experience
· Experience with forecasting and demand planning tools
· Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel,Word, Access)
· Detail oriented, organized, and efficient; strong communication skills with ability to influence
· Abilityto work in an ever-changing environment with efficiency and accuracy
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.