Newell Brands Customer Service Associate Part-Time - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Customer Service Associate Part-Time
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Consumer Direct
Shift: 2nd Shift
The Customer Service Associate is responsible for a variety of routine customer contacts via the telephone, email and letters. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Accepting and assessing customer orders as well as addressing customer concerns and questions
• Place and review orders, review gift certificates, process claims and special requests and credits/returns.
• Answer questions with regards to YCC retail operations and will require above average phone etiquette and excellent communications skills.
• Demonstrated customer service skills preferably in a retail sales office and/or a call center environment.
• Exceptional oral & written communication skills including business correspondence.
• Safety Awareness and thorough knowledge of lifting procedures. Ability to exert physical effort to lift weights up to 30lbs on a frequent basis.
• Highly adaptable to various clerical routines requiring speed, accuracy, flexibility and confidentiality.
• Ability to operate, with accuracy, computer, ten-key calculator/adding machine, and facsimile machine.
• Thorough knowledge of basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in the process of calculating customer order costs, credits, and/or shortage information.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a team member in a very busy office setting.
• The energy, enthusiasm, time and dedication to take on a fast-paced, demanding, and dynamic position
• Flexibility to work overtime hours including weekends and holidays as operation need may require.
• MSWord experience is a plus.
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially an education verification as part of the application process. At the time of interview, internal and external applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the company to conduct criminal background check and/or education verification.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.