Newell Brands Brand Activation Manager - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Manager, Brand Activation - Yankee Candle
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Reports to: Director, Brand Activation
The Brand Activation Manager is accountable for developing the brand communication strategies for a product grouping(s) within a brand to build consumer demand and market share, grounded in deep consumer, digital and market understanding. The role will contribute to, or develop, new product launch materials, consumer promotion strategy, and integrated brand activation plans, sometimes with the assistance of direct reports.
• Recommends clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short and long-term success.
• Recommends and executes marketing objectives, strategies and aligns tactics for the upcoming year, including budget elements.
• Executes brand communications across brands, countries and regions with purposeful differentiation and reapplication based on portfolio and category strategies.
• Familiar with test and learn opportunities within communication vehicles and shopper platforms to find and leverage points for scale and impact.
• Activates brand activities in accordance to the brand identity and guidelines process i.e. consumer promotion materials, POS, PR assets.
• Reviews communication and POS materials to ensure brand ID compliance.
• Ensures marketing communications and marketing adaptations are on-strategy and consistent.
• Uses POS data, shopper and pricing research to develop and optimize activation plans and develop best in class shopper programs.
• Partners with brand and CMI to recommend tactical research needs to inform activation strategies such as shopper, pricing and mix analyses.
• Tracks brand metrics and ensures activation activity is aligned to metrics, takes corrective action when necessary.
Integrated Marketing Plan and Execution
• Assists with developing the annual brand plan that meets the annual marketing objectives within the appropriate budget parameters and planning calendar.
• Sets clear and measurable goals for integrated marketing programs, conducts the monitoring of progress and programming modifications as needed.
• Responsible for the implementation of integrated programs.
• Supports the development of promotion briefs as needed.
• Supports the development of media planning including media type, investment splits, and bookings. Tracks measurement and optimizes plans as needed.
• Defines promotion strategies including brand objectives, target consumer and measurements.
• Participates in the development of the annual consumer promotion plan.
• Identifies best in class consumer promotions to drive shopper engagement and increase sell through.
• Measures and analyzes ROI of consumer promotions and engagement programs and recommends improvements.
• Manages the media and consumer promotion budgets to support program needs.
Project and Process Management
• Serves as the key liaison between marketing and customer marketing.
• Oversees project timelines, deliverables and approval process, after program approval.
• Measures and analyzes ROI of marketing programs and recommends improvements.
• Manages vendors to align consumer marketing needs with tactics that amplify program goals.
Public Relations and Social Marketing
• Partners with central PR, Social and Digital team to ensure all programs as supported with an integrated calendar that support brand objectives.
• Co-leads, with central Marketing Operations team, the objectives, target consumer and measurements for end-user events.
• Serves as the cross-functional leader across digital marketing, Social Media, Consumer Promotions and events.
• Completes ROI analysis on projects and recommends changes to strategy as needed on an ongoing basis.
• Works collaboratively with finance to communicate drivers of and changes in product cost and provides recommendations on how to resolve unfavorable product cost.
• Works with key vendors to procure proposals, negotiate contracts and execution programs.
• Four-year College/University degree.
• 5-7+ years of marketing work experience.
• Up to 20% travel required.
• Has worked on a business with global or international exposure. Demonstrates an understanding of differences between countries and cultures.
• Translating marketing objectives into strategies and plans. Proven success in executing a comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase.
• Recommending new shopper marketing programs that drive consumer engagement and sell through.
• Successfully launched new products from concept stage through commercialization and in-market success. Has managed a product portfolio.
• Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral.
• Proven ability to work on and lead a cross-functional team.
• Fluent in English.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.