Newell Brands Senior Staff Accountant, Jostens in Shelbyville, Tennessee
Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Reports to: Controller
As our senior staff accountant you will assist the plant controller with routine and special project accounting, to include insightful analysis. You will have a lead role in standard cost development, variance analysis, and are responsible for assigned areas in budgeting and forecasting as well as have primary responsibility for new product costing and auditing of BOMs and Routings to insure cost accuracy.
1 Assigned departments Analysis vs. Prior Year/Plan/Forecast.
2 Inventory Accounting; to include identification and resolution of inventory issues and recommendations for resolution.
3 Primary responsibility of Annual cost development Analysis.
4 Review standard routings and BOMs for accuracy and recommend changes as required to insure accurate allocations of production costs. Provide analysis on New product costing
5 Assist with completion of Annual Plan and Forecasts. This includes walking the variances vs. other financial categories
6 Support information requests from Controller and other Managers
7 Support month end close by preparing and posting journal vouchers as assigned and preparing Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
8 Insure SOX compliance for assigned areas
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Accounting
• Ability to explain financial information to non-financial personnel
• Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
• Thorough understanding of transactional process within an integrated major ERP system for manufacturing
• Basic understanding of Bills of Material and Routings
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Mail)
• Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for tasks
• ability to satisfy multiple competing demands
• Well-developed communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively (oral/written) with all levels of individuals within the plant
• Self-motivated with ability to learn new processes
• Ability to work and contribute in a team based environment
• Knowledge of Standard Cost development
• Preferred: Working knowledge of Oracle integrated accounting system.
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.