Newell Brands Logistics Lead in Shelbyville, Tennessee
Position Title: Logistics Lead
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Shift: 2nd Shift - Monday thru Friday, 3:00pm to 12:00am
The Logistics Lead will assist Logistics Supervisor to run the day to day operations of the area. The position will provide work direction to associates and ensure the highest level of safety, accuracy, productivity and housekeeping, basing decisions and actions on a team philosophy. This position will report to the shift supervisor.
• Motivate, lead and train team members to meet production and quality goals and uphold performance standards.
• Coach and develop distribution associates on their daily functions and expectations.
• Maintain strong floor presence.
• Follows policies and procedures and actively demonstrates Company Code of Conduct
• Provide support in work area as needed, including assisting with all warehouse duties when required.
• Maintain inventory accountability within facility.
• Ensure transactions are processed and reconciled correctly in inventory systems.
• Maintain and coordinate timely disposition of damaged inventory.
• Ensure accuracy through random audits of inbound freight, orders pickers, driver moves, etc. Focus on inventory accuracy to exceed 98%, location accuracy 90%, and order accuracy 99.7%.
• Compile and maintain daily reports for area efficiency, productivity, staffing needs, order audits, daily pass downs, etc.
• Track daily performance of distribution associates in assigned area.
• Review stage locations for stranded materials and resolve issues.
• Enhance cycle count efforts by guiding the research teams to analyze root causes for inventory inaccuracy and discrepancies.
• Provide constructive feedback to both employees and supervision.
• Perform basic troubleshooting and allocate appropriate resources as needed to correct issues.
• Focus on process improvement opportunities. Seek to eliminate waste in area of responsibility and throughout the plant.
• Keep supervisor informed of all issues regarding the area performance, including safety, housekeeping, accuracy, customer service, productivity and team atmosphere.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all associates.
• Work as a liaison between DC coordinators, traffic team, and all other DC area teams.
• Assist supervision in allocating resources to meet customer needs.
• Work with other functional groups to ensure customer expectation are being met such as shipping, sourcing, packaging, manufacturing, transportation, quality and many other functional teams within Newell.
• Communicate ideas for area process improvements
• Safety focus – Drive to improve safety performance, ensure safety rules/practices and good housekeeping is followed.
• Ensure that all housekeeping and 6S audits are conducted daily. Target 6S rating to exceed 90%.
• Maintain clean and orderly work area.
• HS/GED required and 2 or more years of related experience preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities; previous leadership experience is an asset.
• Experience in distribution/logistics/warehouse preferred.
• Team oriented, self-motivated and positive attitude.
• Good communication both written and verbal.
• Become a proficient user in both SAP and WMS/PKMS systems, and other systems as identified, and assist in the effective use of these systems
• Experience with all MS Office products and ability to use Excel.
• Ability to plan work on a daily basis and be self-motivated
• Requires flexibility to changing priorities based on shipping and production department needs
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.