Newell Brands Assistant Supervisor, 2nd shift - Jostens in Shelbyville, Tennessee
Title : Assistant Supervisor
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Reports to : Manager
3:30 to 12:00am
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure routine performance and operation of all activities of area of responsibility within the plant and its operations
• Ensure effective implementation of all safety procedures to ensure safe working atmosphere for employees
• Responsible for hitting quality metrics in assigned area.
• Responsible for updating and publishing of daily and weekly production reports.
• Coordinate movement of specific orders through production to meet shipping deadlines.
• Must be able to communicate with employees, supervisors, and customer service.
• Oversight of training and development of new and transferred employees to complete tasks to support above requirements.
• Participate in design and implementation of procedural controls.
• Must have solid computer skills Outlook, Excel, Word
• Must be able to lift 1-10 pounds frequently/up to 50 pounds occasionally
• May stand 15%, walk 70%, and sit 15% of the normal work day
• Must be able to read and accurately interpret order related documentation
• Must be able to visually check product for compliance with quality standards and customers specifications
• Plan and coordinate actives in areas of responsibility
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
• Must maintain area in a clean, safe condition and support all 5S activities
• Must have a complete understanding of all customer order flows
• Good communication skills
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (or similar) desired.
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.