Newell Brands Sales Manager in Sedalia, Missouri
Title: Sales Manager
Location : Sedalia, MO
As a sales leader you will be accountable for delivering growing, sustainable and profitable sales results for Jostens branded products.
• Meet sales plan revenue, profitability and growth objectives.
• Deliver broad based sales performance and successfully execute marketing strategies across region.
• Develop and maintain high level of customer satisfaction throughout team, including problem solving with accounts to deliver high service level.
• Effectively utilize all company resources including sales management, finance, training, legal and Human Resources.
• Provide sales leadership and management within high opportunity and key accounts.
Financial and Business Planning
• Analyze sales data; summarize sales and customer data.
• Effectively manage resources and sales territory financial and business plans.
• Create and manage multi-year growth plans for brands.
• Execute and manage brand / sales representative business planning and performance throughout the sales region.
• Oversee development and improvements in branded products.
• Coordinate with Marketing team to generate leads and sales to meet revenue expectations.
• Understand competition and implement competitive selling strategies.
• Participate in decisions related to the selection, promotion, transfer, pay and discipline of assigned personnel.
• Clearly communicate job duties and responsibilities to enable individuals to proceed with certainty in the performance of their positions.
• Monitor the work performance of assigned personnel on a continual basis; conduct effective performance reviews; take corrective action whenever necessary and, where necessary, work with Human Resources to establish performance improvement plans.
• Support the development of assigned personnel’s skills and abilities, and demonstrate by personal example the desired standards of conduct (Jostens values) and work performance.
• Identify and resolve skill gaps and succession issues.
• Administer Company policies with regard to discipline, absenteeism, etc., in a fair and equitable manner, and fully document all incidents and actions taken.
• Four-year college degree (Business or related field or equivalent experience is required.)
• Five plus years’ experience in consultative, program oriented sales environment as a sales representative. Professional, independent experience in sales support such as marketing, consulting or appropriate program based experience may be considered as substitute for the sales representative experience.
• Experience with management reports/sales tracking and using market and financial data to drive results
• Demonstrated ability to strategically manage in a performance and results based culture
• Financial acumen – demonstrated experience managing P&L and business levers
• Ability to multi task and move many things forward
• Problem solver
• Accepts ownership
• Ability to both give and receive coaching
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient in technology
• Educational Sales experience
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply