Newell Brands Senior Analyst - Amazon in Seattle, Washington
Position Title: Sr. Analyst Ecommerce
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Manager, Ecommerce Analytics
The Ecommerce Sr. Analyst will play an integral role in helping the Company achieve its ambition by driving the Growth Game Plan into action and building a strong and sustainable Newell Brands organization. The successful candidate will execute the overarching strategy for Ecommerce analytics and help enhance the shopping experience for the shopper on Amazon.com. The Sr. Analyst Ecommerce leverages strong relationships across many functions including, but not limited to: Sales, Trade Marketing, Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance and IT to facilitate understanding and optimization of our online experience.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly reports and dashboards.
• Draw actionable insights from POS trends, promotions, advertising campaigns, and inventory opportunities.
• Interpret complex datasets (customer and business related) to tell stories and develop an organized set of conclusions/recommendations.
• Partner with key stakeholders, such as the Sales team, to optimize and drive sales/profitability. Drive cross-functional business review meetings.
• Help drive business intelligence through automated reporting, visualizations, and analytical models. Socialize internal and external KPIs across the business.
• Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to support/optimize innovation launches, merchandising standards, web marketing campaigns (AMS/AMG), and promotional strategies.
• Enhance and supplement the sales attribution model through the knowledge of scraping, relational databases, and data management.
• Hands-on participation with sales results, annual planning and forecasting processes.
• Work with syndicated data sources and facilitate the consumption of data from APIs.
• Support the continued enhancement and evolution of our analytics capabilities to a best-in-class level. Stay abreast of industry trends/innovations and drive new analytics initiatives that contribute to business goals.
The person must have an established record of accomplishment in Analytics for CPG, Retail, Ecommerce or a similar industry. The candidate must be a strong communicator and have a sharp analytical approach. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
Previous analytics experience and technical qualifications:
• 3+ years of direct and hands-on Retail/CPG experience providing solutions in a large global company. Ecommerce experience preferred.
• Experience using POS Sales data alongside other data sources such as invoice, supply chain, web marketing, product and shopper behavior metrics to provide a holistic program for online growth.
• Qualified candidates will have a broad understanding of analytical processes including but not limited to data management, forecasting, optimization, predictive modeling, and visualization.
• Strong understanding of retail math and financial processes (promotional lift, profitability, inventory levels, etc.)
• Must have advanced skills with all Microsoft Office applications for the creation of management reports, presentations, and analyses (advanced Excel functions such as pivot tables, power pivots, vlookups, if-then statements, etc.)
• Preferred experience with SQL.
• Experience with business intelligence & reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or Qlikview.
• Familiarity with Amazon.com business tools for analytics (Vendor Central, ARA Premium, AMS Reporting).
• Familiarity with market research and syndicated data providers (IRI, Nielsen, NPD)
• History of merging diverse datasets from different platforms, formats and environments.
• Conceptual thinker with proven analytical & problem solving skills to see "big picture".
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.