Newell Brands Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift - Outdoor and Recreation in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Production Supervisor– 2 nd shift
LOCATION : Sauk Rapids, MN
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Production Supervisor is responsible for planning and directing the appropriate allocation of manpower that enables the company to maximize efficiency and profit. The Production Supervisor provides high-level management support for all activities on the shift and at other times as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Is responsible for managing all aspects of the shift with a focus on safety, quality, efficiency and productivity.
· Promote and implement the Company’s Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
· Is responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting pertinent shift information regarding production, labor and quality.
· Schedule and manage daily manpower requirements with respect to production needs in the most efficient manner with or without scheduling overtime.
· Assure efficient and economical utilization of materials, continuous improvements and elimination of wasteful practices.
· Assure that facilities, machinery and equipment are running properly to maintain safety, efficiency and quality, and if not, coordinate corrections with staff and/or other departments.
· Recommend the hiring and releasing of production personnel as required to maintain production requirements.
· Maintain good employee relations and take proper and judicious disciplinary measures when required and handles grievances.
· Establish accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluations.
· Ensure clean-up activities around hazardous materials, including bio-hazardous materials, is handled in accordance with established policies.
Supervise Others: Yes
Expected Travel: None
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
· A High School Diploma or GED.
· A minimum of 3 year of Supervisor experience in a fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills using MS Excel, Outlook, Word and Outlook, with the ability to look up data and perform data entry.
· Knowledge of and experience with implementing Lean Manufacturing and 5S practices.
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· A good mechanical aptitude, significant planning and organizational skills relating to manufacturing and demonstrated leadership.
· A demonstrated ability to interact positively with co-workers and other employees.
· The ability to work varying hours including some weekend shifts and act as back-up to other shifts when needed.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a field related to manufacturing (e.g. engineering, business, management).
· Previous experience in an industrial sewing environment.
· SAP experience.
About The ColemanCompany – a Newell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life
Coleman, the number one brand in outdoor recreation products, is a dynamic, market-facing company known worldwide for outdoor recreation products that are simple, fun, and reliable. Coleman has been fostering the connections made between family and friends through outdoor activity for over 116 years, and we continue to push for innovation and integrity as new and exciting products are developed.
As a global company with offices worldwide Coleman practices operational excellence in everything we do, constantly looking to optimize worldwide logistics and move towards a global operations model that maximizes performance and customer satisfaction. Coleman Team Members have the chance to make a real impact in their careers and in our communities. With access to a vast network of resources. The opportunity for growth is here for those with the vision and the drive to be number one. To learn more about Coleman and our products visit our website at www.coleman.com at http://www.coleman.com/
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live,learn, work and play .
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.