Newell Brands Coleman, Bartacker/Box Xer, 1st Shift Industrial in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Live, Learn, Work and Play
At Coleman our vision is to be the leading outdoor recreation company in the U.S. by developing high-quality, innovative products that enhance the enjoyment of the outdoors and create lasting memories.
1. Position pre-cut fabric and webbing to be joined under the presser foot and needle.
2. Starts and stops machine with foot pedal.
3. Monitors stitching to detect defects to insure acceptable quality.
4. Selects thread according to specifications or color of fabric, thread machine and changesthe bobbin.
5. Cuts excessive material or thread with scissors / nippers when necessary.
6. Routinely checks fabric for defects, runs, stains, missed stitches, etc.
7. Notifies maintenance when experiencing problems with machine.
8. Performs required daily machine maintenance and adjustment.
9. Completes required production reports.
10. Performs job assignments to comply with UL requirements.
11. Assists in keeping work area neat, clean and organized.
1. Responsible for injury prevention, promoting safety and maintaining a neat and orderlyworkplace.
1. Performs miscellaneous other assignments with a high degree of urgency and flexibility.
Teamwork: Contributes to building a positive work environment. Interacts with fellow team members to build morale and maintain a sense of Coleman pride.
Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Supports the company’s goals and values.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve overall quality of finished product; Monitors own work and the work of others to ensure quality.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment and production schedules. Must be able to perform multiple tasks.
Dependability: Follows written and verbal instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time at expected level of performance or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan that is agreed to. Interpreter will be provided by Coleman as required to confirm understanding.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; sewing experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to fill out production sheets and traceability sheets after training. Ability to communicate with other employees in the organization or notify assigned personnel there is an issue that needs to be addressed. Interpreter will be provided by Coleman as required to confirm understanding.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to read numbers, count, add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Measure using a ruler.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to comply with company’s and regulatory agencies quality standards. Interpreter will be provided by Coleman as required to confirm understanding.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is required to use fingers, hands and arms and foot pedal to operate machines and reach for, hold, grasp, push/pull, and handle material repetitively with a high degree of dexterity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to limited moving mechanical equipment.
PPE-Personal Protective Equipment: Protective Eyewear
Automatic Sewing Machine
COMPANY: The Coleman Company, Inc.
Requisition Id: 112622
Location: MN - Sauk Rapids