Newell Brands Senior National Account Manager - Marmot/ExOfficio in Rohnert Park, California
Are you ready to embark on your next adventure?
If you love adventure and exploration, great gear and apparel, and being around people who share your passions for travel and the outdoors, you’ll be in good company at Marmot and ExOfficio. Most importantly, we are down-to-earth individuals who are committed to our communities and sustainability in all that we do, without sacrificing performance, innovation, or quality.
Among the perks of joining our team are a complimentary on-site gym with towel service and fitness classes, regular volunteer opportunities, daily food trucks, a product loaner program to enhance your next adventure (tents, sleeping bags, backpacks), and a generous discount on our gear and apparel. We also believe in celebrating success together whether it be through employee/family gatherings, life events, summer BBQs, or softball leagues. To put it simply, we enjoy life.
So grab your backpack and explore an opportunity with us today!
• Collaborates with marketing, business development and product development to develop U.S. sales strategies, policies, annual business plans, sales forecasts (and budgets).
• Communicates regularly with key partners within product development, marketing, business development, procurement and operations to discuss sales forecasts and develop plans to fulfill requirements for availability of product as well as sales support tools, and visual merchandising and promotional materials. Works within this group to develop mutually supportive business processes, and provide input to creative development of new products or markets.
• Collaborates with Design and Product Development to create compelling selling strategies, develop agenda, secure resources and lead sales meetings, including two line presentations per year. Directs staff in the preparation of sell-in and reporting procedures and other materials that will support sales efforts, and in logistical coordination of sales meetings and trade shows.
• Prepares analyses and reports that monitor, forecast and analyze sales activity and trends. Assesses product and customer performance and profitability, (inventory replenishment requirements), and market risks and opportunities.
• Sources new opportunities to expand the channels of distribution within defined business strategies for the U.S. Works directly with buyers and senior management of major national accounts to generate business, and develop and negotiate national contracts, broad corporate strategies and guidelines for positioning of the brands, purchase, merchandising, and promotion of NBTA products, and to manage ongoing contracts and business relationships.
• Drives the development of new channels of distribution, within defined business & brand strategies for the U.S. Coaches our agency field sales team covering Specialty Independent and Regional banners. Assists them with buyers and senior management at Regional Accounts to generate business
• Selects, develops, motivates and provides direction to internal staff members in a way that facilitates the creation of a collaborative work environment and ensures they have the necessary skills and resources to enable them to fulfill their operating objectives in support of Technical Apparel’s mission and core values.
• Fosters and manages good business relationships with retailers, buyers at key accounts, and others in a position to drive brand awareness and enhance sales of NBTA products.
• Actively manages professional development.
• University or four-year college degree in Business or Sales and Marketing, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in sales and merchandising experience at the national level, preferably in the active - outdoor apparel industries
• Experience selling a combination of REI, DSG, FGL, BC.com, GOA, and / or VVR is preferred
• Previous experience in department management is preferred, including the development of annual business plans and budgets, sales forecasts and report, and budget management
• Practical knowledge of related functions including product development, production, inventory planning, marketing, dealer service and distribution
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people
• Exceptional influence, negotiation and selling capabilities
• Highly organized, self-motivated, and energetic individual
• Outstanding analytical, creative problem-solving and verbal/written communication capabilities
• Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to manage and lead change
• Team player
• Willing to work long hours and weekends during preseason selling periods
• Proficiency in all Microsoft programs, using both PC and Mac
• Knowledge of data base software (ERP and CRM) preferred
• Able to travel more than 50% of the year, including possible international travel
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), is a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.