Newell Brands Sales Manager - Marmot / ExOfficio in Rohnert Park, California
Position Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: Director, Sales
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Are you ready to embark on your next adventure?
If you love adventure & exploration, great gear & apparel, and being around people who share your passions for travel and the outdoors, you’ll be in good company at Marmot and ExOfficio. Most importantly, we are down-to-earth individuals who are committed to our communities and sustainability in all that we do, without sacrificing on performance, innovation, or quality.
Among the perks of joining our team are a complimentary on-site gym with towel service and fitness classes, regular volunteer opportunities, daily food trucks, a product loaner program (tents, sleeping bags, backpacks) to enhance your next adventure, and a generous discount on our gear & apparel. We also believe in celebrating success together whether it be through employee/family gatherings, life events, Summer BBQ’s or softball leagues. To put it simply, we enjoy life.
So grab your backpack and explore an opportunity with us today!
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
The Sales Operations Manager works closely with the Director, Global Sales & Sr. National Account Manager to determine and track annual, quarterly and monthly sales plans, key sales initiatives, co-op investments and obsolete.
This position develops, monitors and manages select business tools that assist in the sales of Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA) products and management of the order process for strategic accounts, in keeping with business plans, brand positioning strategies, profitability goals, and mission and core values. NBTA is a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
Additionally, the Sales Operations Manager establishes seasonal tech clinic objectives and develops a format to regularly communicate Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA) news and updates to its specialty retailers and independent reps. The incumbent prepares reports and analysis of sell-in/sell-through, and works with sales and account management and internal staff to assess and resolve recurrent problems.
The Sales Operations Manager also provides, monitors and maintains strategic analytics for the channel accounts (Retail, Internet and House).
The Sales Operations Manager must be a strong communicator, capable of building strong relationships and handling difficult conversations with independent sales reps and retailers based on shared goals, trust and accountability. The position contributes to the growth and profitability of NBTA by communicating and ensuring plan, initiative and co-op performance goals are met.
This individual serves as the “passionate” Champion of NBTA brands to its specialty independent rep agencies (Rep Agency) and specialty outdoor retailers.
Lead identification and recommendation of ways to increase efficiency and organizational agility across cross- functional teams, including ways of working and design of centralized processes.
• Lead the development and updating of scorecards and other performance trend analyses.
• Lead identification and recommendation of ways to increase efficiency and organizational agility across cross- functional teams, including ways of working and design of centralized processes.
• Own the Trade Operations SharePoint site, ensuring that process documents and other resources are consistently up to date and accessible to all customer teams.
• Own the annual planning process and the metrics that best align with annual company plans.
• Partner with Sales leads to manage pipeline of customer planning, bringing both a customer and operational perspective to the process.
• Synthesize large amounts of data (e.g. Invoice, POS, Inventory, etc.) for internal presentation purposes.
• Manage flow of information and requests from Sr. Management, Sales, Brand Activation, Trade Marketing, and Trade Strategy
• Prepare business intelligence reports including:
• Monthly sales agency commission report, sales and production buy plan forecasts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Cancelations, reorders by customer, out-of-stock, close-outs, and monthly competitive analysis reports.
• Report sell through metrics and seasonal compilation of each brand (product sell-through performance as well as competitive trends) on a monthly basis.
• Build wholesale business growth strategies that support company revenue goals, sales rep agency overall business initiatives and brand objectives.
• In collaboration with the Director of Global Sales, build seasonal and rolling 3-year revenue plans for each US and Canada Rep Agency through partnership and commitment from rep as well as intelligence from retailers and industry sell-through data.
• Identify and track SWOT analysis for territory and key retailers.
• Set yearly and seasonal goals for selling obsolete inventory at the best possible margin.
• Prepare analyses and reports that monitor, forecast and analyze sales activity and trends for assigned accounts.
• Assess product and customer performance and profitability.
• Facilitate the approval of sales terms exceptions by the Director of Global Sales.
• Determine best format to communicate NBTA news and retail intelligence to our retailers.
• Determine and communicate seasonal tech clinic objectives and coordinate support the Rep Agency may need to execute, including clinic deals, 3.5 and seed product.
• Partner with Dealer Services, Credit and Rep Agency to ensure orders and bulks are reviewed and dropped for shipping to help NBTA to achieve for 97% RDD.
• Lead the set up and execution of Sales Meetings & Regional trade shows and events to assist Rep Agency in selling NBTA brands, gather feedback and insights from retailers and customers and ensure the smooth operation of the trade show booth.
• Actively manages professional development.
• University or four-year college degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent industry experience
• A minimum of 3-5 years of Outdoor Industry or CPG experience in wholesale and/or retail sales
• A passion for Travel and Adventure a plus
• Proven ability to develop, execute and track successful business initiatives with independent sales rep agencies
• Understanding of the role of the specialty independent rep and market demands and ability to leverage analysis and insights to fully realize opportunities in the market
• Possess knowledge of all key drivers on the wholesale business model and tools to increase sell through
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
• Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to manage and lead change
• Highly driven, self-motivated and capable of working without significant supervision
• Flexible nature with the ability to react quickly and sometimes creatively to business needs
• Team player
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Proficiency in all Microsoft programs
• Able to travel up to 25% of the year, including possible international travel to trade shows
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), is a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply