Newell Brands Category Manager for Sportswear (Marmot and ExOfficio) in Rohnert Park, California
Are you ready to embark on your next adventure?
If you love adventure and exploration, great gear and apparel, and being around people who share your passions for travel and the outdoors, you’ll be in good company at Marmot and ExOfficio . Most importantly, we are down-to-earth individuals who are committed to our communities and sustainability in all that we do, without sacrificing performance, innovation, or quality.
Among the perks of joining our team are a complimentary on-site gym with towel service and fitness classes, regular volunteer opportunities, daily food trucks, a product loaner program to enhance your next adventure (tents, sleeping bags, backpacks), and a generous discount on our gear and apparel. We also believe in celebrating success together whether it be through employee/family gatherings, life events, summer BBQs, or softball leagues. To put it simply, we enjoy life.
So grab your backpack and explore an opportunity with us today!
The Category Manager (CM) Sportswear, is accountable for the line management within the Sportswear category. This product and industry passionate is defining short and mid-term strategy for global markets, creating an exciting product proposition for the new generations of outdoor and travel enthusiasts, delivering financial goals and moving the brands forward in respect of corporate objectives and values.
The CM will work in accordance with established development processes, quality standards and company timeline. The incumbent conceptualizes the line architecture, manages products life cycle and new launches. Key partner and coordinator with design, development, materials. sales, DTC and marketing counterparts, the CM Is delivering a complete GoToMarket seasonal proposition adapted to channels segmentation.
• Lead the product and merchandising strategy for the category to serve multi channels and geographies needs.
• Build a sustainable Mid-term business plan, manage seasonal execution and deliverables and lead Mid-Term innovation projects.
• Create seasonal line plan based on financial, brands objectives and consumer insights. Optimize the line profitability, sku efficiency and product life cycle.
• By listening to consumers, analyzing data and keeping track of the pulse of the market, identify relevant trends, technologies and opportunities that will inform the line evolution.
• Develop close relationship with buyers, influencers, ambassadors and consumer targets.
• Coordinate the seasonal product creation, delivering clear category and product briefs, engaging design and development teams with rigorous respect of the process timelines.
• Set pricing strategy, monitor margins and relevant category KPIs.
• Lead product validation phases including contact points with sales and marketing.
• Delivers a complete GoToMarket package to ensure proper implementation of segmentation strategy and to optimize season stories potential
• Involved in key presentations related to selling-phases (pre-lines, GTM meetings, Sales conferences, Trade shows, Showrooms) or selected promotional / PR events.
• Maintain data base and systems updated. Communicate relevant and accurate information to marketing, retail and web design teams.
University orfour-year college degree in marketing, fashion, textile or equivalentexperience
A minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience in Product,Merchandising, Buying management roles within the outdoor – travel- athleticindustry.
Visionary, consumer and trends curious, marketing minded.
Natural sense of product, of building silhouettes and seasonalproduct stories.
Solid merchandising experience in vertical, wholesale or e-comenvironments, managing assortments & product flows, monitoring analytics.
Understanding of the outdoors, street and travel markets.
Knowledge of fabrics and technologies, functions and solutions.
Practicalknowledge of related functions such as textile technology, production,sustainability, sales and merchandising.
Working knowledgeof manufacturing processes, construction and cost impacts.
Experience in managing line architecture, price/ margin efficiencyfor wholesale and DTC models
Experienceoperating for global markets, familiar to empathize and constructively interactin different cultures
Strong project planning,organizational and time management skills and a high level of initiative
Fast, efficient,nimble. Experience working in a shifting and collaborative environmentwith a great deal of constructive feedback and input
Demonstrated collaboration, interpersonalinfluence, and teamwork skills (maintains effective communication andworking relationships)
Strong analyticalskills and data-driven thinking
Ability to manageand lead change
Strong oral andwritten communication skills
Resultsorientation while exhibiting great creativity, energy, and resourcefulness
Sense of humor anda passion for what you do
Proficiency in allMicrosoft programs
Able to travel up to 20% of the year, including internationaltravel
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), is a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.