Newell Brands NBTA Distribution Associate - Reno DC in Reno, Nevada
Position Title: Distribution Associate
Reports to: Susana Mora
Location: Reno Distribution Center
The Distribution Associate is responsible for performing all core outbound functions on a rotating basis, including picking, packing, building orders for shipment and shipping. Certain individuals may be assigned additional responsibilities such as fulfillment of key account and international orders.
• Pick and pack orders for various types of customers, referring to the pick ticket for any special instructions.
• Build large freight orders onto pallets within our customer’s and freight forwards height restrictions, and verify that orders are complete and accurate prior to shipping
• Ship orders following instructions on pick ticket, paying special attention to the shipping method and any special shipping instructions
• Generate shipping labels, carton content labels and packing lists. Apply or insert them in a consistent manner as directed by the Shipping Manager or Shipping Supervisor.
• Follow Customer’s Vendor Guide for specific picking, packing and shipping instructions
• Assist loading outbound trucks as needed.
• Assist with the dock as needed and directed.
• Value Added Services e.g. hangers, price tags, etc.
• Assist in stocking the replenishment when there is need, as determined by the supervisor, lead, or manager.
• Willingness to help out in other departments when there is need, and as directed by your supervisor, lead, or manager.
• Open and clear communication is key to a successful and comfortable work environment. It is every employee’s responsibility to communicate with their supervisor or manager when issues arise within the scope of their task or assignment. If an employee has questions or is unsure of what is being asked of them, it is the employee’s responsibility to ask for clarification.
• Must maintain a professional attitude at all times
• Must maintain productivity standards at all times
• Must maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Follows all safety procedures and report safety infractions
• Participate in the annual physical inventory counts
• Housekeeping responsibilities as assigned by Shipping Manager or Supervisors
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Flexibility in a changing work environment
• Excellent attendance and punctuality is expected
• Must exude a willingness to work in any department in the DC as necessary
• High School diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 6 months to 1 year experience in distribution functions
• Basic problem solving skills and organization
• Good verbal and written communications skills
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.