Newell Brands Accounts Receivable Accountant (Spanish) - Consumer & Commercial Solutions in Prague, Czech Republic
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Accountant (Spanish) – Commercial & Consumer Solutions
Reports to: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Location: Prague, Czech
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
As an Account Receivable (AR) Accountant you will be part of our Business Services Group (BSG), responsible for various number of activities. The role includes processing cash payments to customer accounts as well as providing support to local teams that are serviced by the BSG. The main tasks are processing all types of incoming payments. Reviewing, researching, validating and clearing customer deductions including returns, markdowns, trade spend, customer fines, shortages etc. for all types of incoming payment receipts to the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and processing accuracy.
• Manage cash application of wire and check payments to the correct customer account.
• Manage deductions, including monitoring customer deductions, matching with appropriate credit notes, and managing deduction discrepancies.
• Provide supporting documentation for deductions to customer services to aid faster query resolution.
• Conduct clearing of unallocated payments, management of pro-forma payments and additional clearing on weekly basis.
• Engage in monthly debtor’s overview.
• Manage customer disputes.
• Engage in process improvement initiatives.
• Actively participate in training programs.
• Participate in special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasks.
• Ensure compliance with SOX and internal rules and regulations, and provide support for internal and external audits as needed.
• Minimum 1 year of cash application experience.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles.
• Fluent Spanish , C1 level.
• Degree or diploma in finance/accounting.
• Commitment to high standard customer service.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong team player.
• Able to work under pressure during peak periods.
• Strong organizational skills, excellent in meeting deadlines.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact with various departments/teams.
• Experience with SAP.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule if required.
What we can offer you!
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in EMEA region, with over 60 locations of offices, manufacturing sites and over 5000 employees. Wide portfolio of brands is firmly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO, Yankee Candle, Graco, Coleman, Bubba, Contigo, Mr.Coffee, CrockPot, Marmot.
We grow the brands that sit in every aspect of people’s daily lives. We stay passionate and curious about our consumers. We know that nothing great can be accomplished without courage. That’s why we don’t just dare to dream - we dare to act.
Join us, help us become industry leaders and be part of:
Global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally. We encourage development on a professional and personal level.
Our friendly and competent team, who can support you to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
Sustainability Strategy – environmentally sustainable and socially sensitive business practices.
Newell Gives - charity activities dedicated for local communities.
Are you interested?
If so, please apply by uploading your resume via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site.
You are allowed to attach up to five documents, max. size of 500 KB each.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.