Newell Brands Accounts Payable Supervisor (German & English) - Consumer & Commercial Solutions in Prague, Czech Republic
Position title: Accounts Payable Supervisor (German & English) – Commercial & Consumer Solutions
Location: Prague, Czech
Reports to: Accounts Payable Team Leader
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
As an Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor you will be part of our Business Services Group, responsible for overseeing (3-6) members of AP Team and delegating duties to them. The role includes management and mentoring of the German unit staff and monitoring their execution of Service Level Agreement (SLA) and processing accuracy. You will also take part in development and implementation of newly established procedures, delivery of monthly reporting packs and the appraisal process.
• Responsibility for maintaining the AP sub-ledger
• Ensure that valid invoices and Travel & Entertainment expenses are accurately processed according to agreed SLA’s
• Participate in and supervise invoice coding process to ensure correct GL accounts and cost centers are utilized
• Prepare month end Cut-Off for PO invoices
• Prepare documentation to support month end accruals
• On a monthly basis, analyze aged payable items to ensure timely payments to vendors
• Address payment failure issues
• Participate in special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasks
• Act as a Business Services Group point of escalation for local finance teams and deal with any issue/query escalations
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls and provide support for internal and external audits as needed
• Degree or diploma in finance/accounting and applicable knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles
• 3 years’ experience as Senior AP Accountant/Subject Matter Expert in an international Shared Service Center
• End to end Procure to Pay (P2P) process knowledge
• German and English language level B2
• Accuracy and excellent attention to details
• Good command of MS Excel and working knowledge of SAP
• Strong team player
• Experience in management of small team
• Able to work under pressure during peak periods
• Strong organizational skills, excellent in meeting deadlines
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact with various departments/teams Willingness to work a flexible schedule if required
What we can offer you!
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in EMEA region, with over 60 locations of offices, manufacturing sites and over 5000 employees. Wide portfolio of brands is firmly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO, Yankee Candle, Graco, Coleman, Bubba, Contigo, Mr.Coffee, CrockPot, Marmot.
We grow the brands that sit in every aspect of people’s daily lives. We stay passionate and curious about our consumers. We know that nothing great can be accomplished without courage. That’s why we don’t just dare to dream - we dare to act.
Join us, help us become industry leaders and be part of:
Global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally. We encourage development on a professional and personal level.
Our friendly and competent team, who can support you to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
Sustainability Strategy – environmentally sustainable and socially sensitive business practices.
Newell Gives - charity activities dedicated for local communities.
Are you interested?
If so, please apply by uploading your resume via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site.
You are allowed to attach up to five documents, max. size of 500 KB each.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.