Newell Brands National Account Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Position Title: National Account Manager
Reports to: Director, Sales
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
The National Account Manager (NAM) is responsible for developing, executing and fostering a collaborative business partnership between Pure Fishing and assigned customer(s) that delivers volume, share and profit objectives for the Company. This Role will build, manage and execute Joint Business Plans with the customer and work collaboratively with internal and external cross functional teams. Primary role objectives to deliver annual financial objectives, core distribution and off shelf merchandising targets to align with customers go to market strategy. Execute consumer and shopper driven strategies that enable Pure Fishing to achieve best in class results. Utilize leading edge data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits through price optimization for Pure Fishing and our customers. Build customer relationships at multiple market levels and facilitate connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations. Deliver results while maintaining the highest level of integrity.
• Deliver sales and profitability targets within a specific Customer(s).
• Build customer relationships at the buyer level and facilitates connectivity in other functional areas.
• Builds robust growth plans to secure incremental planogram distribution space and increase year over year promotional activities.
• Manage retailers directly and indirectly not sure this applies.
• Executes consumer and shopper driven strategies for their customer(s).
• Use data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits.
• Lead process for managing trade spends/customer programs in collaboration with trade and finance.
• Develop and execute Customer & Category Strategic Development and annual operating plan.
• Negotiates and manages trade funds to create customer and company value by consistently measuring and enforcing trade terms and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Works with demand planning to develop accurate sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy Monitors the competitors' brands and products as well as our market share, competitor market share, and target market share to understand shopper trends and opportunities and communicating to appropriate sales, trade and brand management
• Collaborates with trade marketing to provide and explain market data to the customer
• Works with trade to implement methods that assist our customers in effectively and creatively winning with consumers, shoppers, end-users, and purchasers through promotions, packaging and merchandising.
• Leverages our brands and product mix to improve profitability and meet customer, shopper, and Newell Brands targets
• Bachelors/University degree
• 7+ years sales and/or trade experience
• Sporting Goods experience preferred
• Experience with a minimum $15M - $25M book of business
• Management of a KAM or direct report experience preferred
• Persuasive / Sales Ability / Negotiation Skills
• Background in dealing with selling “the bag” of multiple brands across many categories
• Initiative & follow-through
• Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details
• Strong project management skills
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to lead cross functional team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Conflict Management/Composure; Technical Knowledge
• 30-50% Travel
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.