Newell Brands Financial Analyst, Real Estate in Norwalk, Connecticut
Position title: Financial Analyst, Real Estate
Reports to manager: Finance Manager, Real Estate
Location: Norwalk, CT
This position will be responsible for assisting the corporate Real Estate team with financial and analytical support. The position may also assist the integration team in the successful delivery of near-term focused value while creating a sustainable platform for long-term growth. To accomplish these objectives, the Financial Analyst – RE will be expected to provide sharp, proactive, timely insights and analysis which drive improved business decisions and – as a result – enhanced business outcomes.
Responsibilities include: financial modeling, setting targets, forecasting, savings tracking, phasing, executing roll-ups, reporting and providing insights and analysis. The individual should be comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization and able to develop positive relationships in order gather information and influence decision making.
• Provide financial support.
• Generate various financial analyses reports.
• Assist in the preparation of strategic plan, annual budget, and forecasting.
• Assist with financial reporting using SAP and BI tools.
• Support internal/external audit requirements on a quarterly/annual basis.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting to the executive leadership team.
• Leverage various software tools to provide flexible reporting and create processes for efficiency and consistency.
• Develop and update meaningful metrics and reporting tools that can facilitate decision-making.
• Support reporting to prepare executive leadership team for quarterly earnings call.
• Prepare and maintain process documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
Hands-on financial professional that possesses outstanding technical, analytical, communication, and influencing skills.
Ability to work in an organized, detailed manner under tight deadlines.
Advanced knowledge of Excel (macros and lookup formulas) and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
Business modeling tools with ability to learn Oracle/Hyperion, SAP, and other necessary financial systems.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work extended hours as necessary.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.