Newell Brands Social Media Strategist - Jostens in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Title: Social Media Strategist
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: Marketing Manager, Mobile and Web
As our Social Media Strategist you will support the Jostens’ Brand & Enterprise Marketing organization, which counsels, plans and implements communication strategies and programs to support company objectives and business growth. You will be responsible for partnering with marketing, digital and communication team members to develop the strategy and executing the integration of social media channels to actively engage consumers with the Jostens brand and products. The Social Media Strategist is responsible for content creation, delivering regular analytics, and driving strong campaign engagement performance.
Strategic planning and implementation of social media campaigns and programs
• Manage and grow social channels (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) focusing on customer engagement and driving incremental sales
• Create social strategy, manage social media campaigns and execute day-to-day activities
• Recommend, organize and develop social media infrastructure to be leveraged across the organization
• Develop social media engagement metrics that provide a clear sense of value for social initiatives and define ROI
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs
• Utilize analytic tools to publish content, track, analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
• Regularly share feedback and insights gained from social media monitoring to help team members integrate learnings into their business areas in a timely fashion
• Work with internal teams (Digital, Communications, Marketing, Creative, IT, Sales and Customer Service) to drive content and ensure Social Media aligns with overall company objectives
• Act as a thought partner and advocate for social media throughout the company
• Monitor, identify, interpret and capitalize on social media trends
• Stay informed and provide recommendations on emerging social media platforms, tools and technologies
Partner with marketing, sales and business leads to create dynamic, impactful content that introduces prospects to Jostens, reinforces relationship with existing customers and stimulates social sharing and recommendations of Jostens content, products and services
Partner with marketing team to drive the integration of social media initiatives across all channels
Partner with customer service and sales to provide targeted customer support and feedback via social networks
2 or more years’ experience in social media and demonstrated passion for the social media space
Proficiency in MS Office suite, as well as key Social Media Platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube (samples required)
Proven success implementing social strategies and creating multi-channel campaigns
Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills who can also communicate creatively and in an engaging manner.
Proactive attitude with a commitment to providing premium customer service
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work efficiently on multiple projects with tight deadlines
Ability to work individually and with cross functional teams to develop consensus within diverse groups
Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
Knowledge of Facebook application and tab development and basic HTML coding preferred
Motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer experiences.
Preferred: Basic understanding of Google Analytics, or other web analytical tools. Basic understanding of Photoshop and InDesign.