Newell Brands Project Specialist, Yearbook School Programs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Title : Project Specialist, Yearbook School Programs
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports to : Sr. Manager
Fall is approaching and it’s time to hit the books. At Jostens, it's the Look Book. As our project specialist, you will be in charge of managing the Jostens Yearbook Look Book and Yearbook Love magazine. In addition, you will manage all loyalty contests and our yearbook social media presence. We work with an amazing network of educators, advisers and students and your role is to inspire and recognize their achievements.
Project Management of Look Book
• Creation of accurate and detailed timeline and ladder, and tracking to goals
• Proofing and editing of written and visual content
• Creation and tracking of spreadsheets used to collect and maintain data used in Look Book
• Collaborative work and open communication with a team of contractors, designers, proofers and vendors
Management of Contests that showcase student work
• Project management of contest set-up, judging and awarding of winners for multiple contests including photo, design and performance contests.
• Drive school engagement in contests via print and social media marketing
Management of Programs that build loyalty and recognize the work of customers
• Loyalty Program: Work with Creative Department to develop annual New Adviser Gift and loyalty items as well as innovating new ways to build customer loyalty
• Management of National Yearbook Week sweepstakes and activities
• Manage social media calendar and presence in collaboration with colleagues
Creation of content and maintenance of project timelines related to resources
• Fall and Spring print issues of Yearbook Love Magazine
• Maintenance of online educational resources
• Project management of workshop resources
BA/BS in Education, Business, Marketing or related comparable experience
2 or more years’ experience in project management, project coordinator or marketing role.
Must be able to work on multiple and changing priorities
Strong ability to create and manage to project timelines, focus on details
Strong written communication and editing skills
Strategic thinker, ability to see things not readily apparent to others
Ability to break through apparent barriers in order to try new approaches to drive new results/growth
Strong and proven technology skills
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across multiple levels of the organization
Ability to manage stressful situations.
• Experience working on yearbooks as an editor, adviser, consultant or sales representative
• Experience working with a sales force
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.