Newell Brands Email Marketing Specialist, Jostens in Minneapolis, Minnesota
As our Email Marketing Specialist you will be on a team that makes things happen. You will be a key player in partnering with cross-functional teams to define, create, and execute automated e-mail marketing campaigns, promotional emails, and digital marketing communications. Responsibilities will include ensuring that email programs meet or exceed channel KPIs including email open rate, click through rate, conversion, and return per email as well as develops and performs detailed post-email analysis to identify new or evolved operating principles and actions to continually drive program performance.
Email campaign development
•Lead the planning and execution efforts for daily marketing emails, including conceptualization of campaigns, HTML development, scheduling emails, setting up tests, and building automated campaigns.
•Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, data flow, and other aspects of email production.
•Champion new ideas and concepts to test, with the goal of improving open, click through and conversion rates. Summarize and communicate test results and recommendations to key stakeholders.
Process email production requests
•Lead the execution of email production and approval process, actively handling the many moving parts of day-to-day email development using project management tool.
•Troubleshoot missing items with the requesting marketers and call out risks and issues as needed
Innovate and drive best practices
•Contribute to the overall success of the email marketing program by staying on top of email marketing channel best practices, trends, innovative ideas, strategies and industry standards. Maintain best practices and operating principles for driving email delivery, open and click-through rates.
• Assist team members with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordination of marketing projects and activities as requested.
• Serve as the subject matter expert on marketing automation best practice.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in creative writing, marketing, advertising, or related business field
• 1 to 3 years’ experience working with HTML, CSS, and email marketing tools
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to track and manage multiple workflows using a project management tool and internal email request platform
• Ability to think creatively to identify solutions, approach issues logically, and balance sometimes competing priorities to accomplish overall business objectives
• Basic understanding of email best practices and deliverability and CAN-SPAM regulations
• Solid understanding of best practices in email design and coding for responsive and mobile optimized email designs
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Litmus experience
• Experience with Google Analytics and Exact Target/Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Web development and web services experience
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.