Newell Brands Digital Product Manager, Jostens in Minneapolis, Minnesota
As our digital product manager you will partner with product leaders to manage one or more Jostens’ digital products/experiences, such as public or private Web sites, portals, or mobile applications to promote the brand, enhance user experiences, and drive sales for Jostens yearbook division.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the technical, user experience, business, and competitive landscape for the assigned online product(s).
• Create and implement product vision, direction, and business plans, including product plans, user stories, product migration and evolution, and product life cycle and retirement for small to medium scale projects or enhancements.
• Lead cross-functional product advisory councils.
• Define and prioritize the product business case and requirements, work with the development teams on product creation and continuously confirm that the planned end result will meet specified requirements on time and budget, with customer satisfaction at top of mind.
• Develop business rules and requirements specifications for assigned product features to include effective product and user interface design, rapid prototyping, product validation testing, and usability testing, while ensuring that the product strategy is adhered to throughout the product life cycle.
• Attend regular standup and project development meetings to provide a business / customer voice and consolidate any next steps to be planned with Manager or Director, as needed.
• Manage sales and business partner expectations, scope and budget discussions, and project communications by creating specific reports, documents, and presentations that clarify where the team is going and why.
• Work with training & development team to develop and deliver materials to the appropriate marketing and sales organizations which convey the purpose and details of the product, definition of its user, benefits to the customer, customization capabilities, and competitive comparison.
• Develop strong internal and external team relationships.
• Analyze competitors’ online products and communicate competitive threats and opportunities to leadership.
• Evaluate new functionality that should be applied to existing products currently and for the future.
• Work with technology partners to prioritize features, refine requirements and design solutions based on user need and business impact.
• Monitor the release process and placement of projects or enhancements in a release by communicating an integration plan, as needed.
• Experience in or interest in digital product management, product development, digital marketing, ecommerce, user acceptance, user interface design, analytics and agile methodologies
• Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1-3 years of experience leading product or project management functions, preferably in a digital marketing/web development capacity
• Experience leading online products, user experience, content, design, or production in a corporate or educational environment
• Practical working-level fluency in Web technology, including front-end technology, back-end technology, and mobile applications
• Ability to coordinate priorities and contributions of a network of non-technical Web content and project stakeholders from across a large, diverse organization
• Strong working knowledge of product development evaluation processes and best practices
• Proven prioritization, analytical and project management skills
• Professional presentation and communication skills
• Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical partners and creative teams
• Ability to work as part of a team at times under pressure and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to develop strong partnerships internally and externally with vendors/partners
• Must be flexible and adaptable; comfortable managing rapidly changing directions and priorities
• Energetic, self-starter with ability to collaborate and drive results
• A creative problem solver with a strong attention to detail
• Driven by a passion for success based on delivering great quality for our customers
• Experience with consumer-facing applications is desirable.
• Agile methodology or SCRUM experience
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Experience with Google Docs / Google Classroom