Newell Brands Packer/ Grinder in Maryville, Tennessee
Position Title: Packer/ Grinder
Reports to: Molding Shift Lead
Location: Maryville, TN
The primary function of this position is to ensure that scrap material is ground and pulled away from the production area promptly and efficiently. This position will also ensure that appropriate utilization of the sorters are maintained and regrind silo levels are maintained for optimum production requirements.
• Collect all scrap parts and move to the grinders.
• Monitors scrap production on all lines.
• Make determination as to which grinder the scrap should be ground in.
• Keep regrind area clean and organized.
• Breakdown Gaylord boxes.
• Clean out sorter every shift or as needed.
• Requisition regrinds for production lines based on the production schedule.
• Record and print trackers for regrind going to the warehouse.
• Performed other tasks as assigned by the Molding Lead.
• Comply with good housekeeping and safe practices.
• Assist in cleanup, shutdown and start-up.
• Must be forklift certified.
• Will work in hand pack (578) when needed. (This will be ½ of time or more depending on work load)
• Drive for Results
• Flexible to work any shift.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Communication – ability to communicate both written and verbal.
• Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
• Ability to perform standing job for 12 consecutive hours.
• Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach and grasp for varying periods of time during a consecutive 12-hour period.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Previous manufacturing experience.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.