Newell Brands Molding Utility Operator in Maryville, Tennessee
Position Title: Molding Utility Operator
Reports to: Molding Shift Lead
Location: Maryville, TN
This position is responsible for accurate and timely mold color changes. They will be working with Process Techs and Quality to ensure all colors meet standards.
• Inspect, and package in-process inventory and/or finished goods.
• Request supplies, cartons, etc. as needed to supply all Molding lines.
• Perform complete color changes by following all the procedures.
• Assist in clean-up, shutdown, and start-up of all lines.
• Assist Process Techs with mold cleanings.
• Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices.
• Keep color area organized and consolidate colors when applicable.
• Coordinate with Molding shift lead with color changes and color that will not return to the racks.
• Assist in relieving breaks for Packers when necessary.
• Able to operate a forklift/for removal of scrap bins and/or gaylord’s during their shift.
• Print labels and work orders for change-overs.
• Update turnover sheet throughout their shift with assistance of the Molding Shift Lead.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Flexible to work any shift.
• Ability to work overtime or fill in for call-ins when necessary.
• Be able to use e-mail and communicate effectively.
• Must be able to read, understand and follow written and verbal work instructions.
• Visual aptitude – must be able to see with or without correction.
• Communication – ability to communicate verbally or non-verbally.
• Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
• Ability to perform standing job for 12 consecutive hours.
• Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach and grasp for varying periods of time during a consecutive 12 hour period.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Previous packer experience.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.