Newell Brands Production Planner - Waddington in Lancaster, Texas
Position Title: Production Planner
Location: Lancaster, TX
Reports to: Master Scheduler
The Planner is responsible for planning/scheduling production and procurement of Envisions products, decorated reusable plastic drinking cups. Processes should be utilized which follow APICS best practices to achieve optimal asset utilization (equipment, inventory, staffing). Envisions is a new technology requiring fast pace, real time scheduling and flexibility. Planner must work closely with Art Department, Customer Service Rep (CSR), Shop Floor and Warehouse personnel to meet customer requirements.
• Plan all requirements for the Envisions product line (decorated reusable plastic drinking cups) to meet fast pace customer requirements.
• Create a daily, updated production schedule and coordinate same with the Art Department, CSR, Shop Floor, Warehouse, etc.
• Monitor to ensure production schedule is adhered to in the most efficient manner possible.
• Serve as backup to CSR when this individual is on vacation, out sick, etc.
• Associate or Bachelor college degree required with preference on a major in Logistics/Supply Chain.
• At least five years of Scheduling/Planning in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience working in a fast pace, team environment.
• Experience with ERP systems (i.e. SAP, J.D. Edwards, IFS, Etc.)
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
• APICS (CPIM) certification is preferred.
• Ability to interact and clearly communicate with other functional areas of the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good problem solver.
• Well organized.
• Multi-task and results oriented
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.