Newell Brands Unloader - KC B Shift in Kansas City, Missouri
Live, Learn, Work and Play
Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Position Summary Unloader Operator Unloading inbound containers as well as efficient and accurate operation of VAS/Pre-Ticket processes and procedures to complete a quality product.
B Shift works Monday through Thursday 5:00pm to 3:00am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Unload incoming containers.
2. Properly build skids for stability.
3. Accurately sort and count products according to invoices.
4. Assist in the proper placement of product according to invoices.
5. Properly handle non-conforming products.
6. Setup and perform accurate and efficient VAS processes and procedures.
7. Responsible for quality of finished product.
8. Perform minimal computer operations.
9. Operate small machinery such as: staplers, taping machines, heat guns, powered screw drivers, pallet jack, and air nail.
10. Assemble kits
11. Process merchandising orders
12. Other duties as assigned.
< > To perform this job an individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and make decisions with special customer requirements. Education and /or Experience Must have a High School Diploma or GED; or 1 to 3 months related training and experience.
Mathematical Skills Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Good math skills for accurate record keeping as well as the accurate sorting of product by count and item number.
Physical Ability Continuous lifting or moving of lightweight materials; must be able to infrequently lift up to 25 pounds and on occasion 50 pounds. This job requires continuous bending, stretching, and climbing ladders also continuous walking on cement floors. Endurance to stand for an 8 hour period of time. Hand and arm strength and dexterity to assemble small components, form cardboard cartons, operate air stapler, and accurately place small labels.
Reasoning Ability Must be able to understand and use common sense with written and oral instructions.
Requisition Id: 112060
Location: MO - Kansas City