Newell Brands Sr. Analyst, eCommerce Division Analytics - Baby in Hoboken, New Jersey
Position Title: Sr. Analyst, eCommerce Division Analytics – Baby
Location: Hoboken, NJ.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, eCommerce Division Analytics
The Baby eCommerce Sr. Analyst will play an integral role in helping the Company achieve its ambition by driving the Growth Game Plan into action and building a strong and sustainable Newell Brands organization. The successful candidate will execute the overarching analytic strategy for Ecommerce analytics and enhance the online experience. The Baby Sr. Analyst Ecommerce leverages strong relationships across many functions including, but not limited to: trade, finance, IT, marketing, merchandising and customer service to facilitate understanding and optimization of our online experience.
• Develop in depth knowledge of Newell’s Baby business, covering Baby Gear (Graco, Baby Jogger) and Infant Care (NUK).
• Participate in weekly business review meetings. Identify POS and Industry trends, Out-of-Stock issues, and opportunities for sales and margin optimization.
• Partner with and support Sales teams as well as Merchandising, Brand Marketing and Demand Planning teams to provide analytic support in order to measure the performance of the marketing and trade efforts. Guide end-users, helping them identify key performance indicators for their areas and building appropriate reporting that provides insight into the performance of initiatives and approaches within each area.
• Help drive the design and development of Business Intelligence (BI) applications and predictive analytics tools in order to automate and socialize KPI reporting within the organization.
• Provide insights to optimize trade and promotional investment with our retailers.
• Perform research with a focus on consumer and industry trends, new developments in eCommerce and retailers’ new.
• Perform POS and Inventory data analysis to provide insights into category growth, promotional performance.
• Support the continued enhancement and evolution of our analytics capabilities to a best-in-class level. Stay abreast of industry trends and innovations and drive new analytics initiatives that contribute to business goals.
Key Interfaces: Sales, Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, Customer Development, Supply Chain, IT & Finance
The candidate must have an established track record in eCommerce Analytics or similar role. The candidate must be a strong communicator and have a sharp analytical approach while being comfortable working in a matrix environment. Previous experience in the Baby business, with exposure to Sales Analysis, Category Management, Market Research or Brand Finance provides a sizable advantage.
• 3+ years of eCommerce related experience providing solutions on a global scale.
• Experience applying an ecommerce lens to segment and category growth.
• Understanding of Omnichannel and Pure Play sales.
• Comfortable overlaying Ecommerce specific metrics and web experience data over POS and Invoice Sales data in order effectively identify growth opportunities while minimizing risk.
• A solid track of partnership with internal sales organizations. Experience interacting with CPG retailers’ teams (buyers, merchandising, category management, etc.) is a big plus.
• Experience with Business Intelligence & reporting tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Business Objects or Cognos is an asset.
• Advanced skills with all Microsoft Office Software for the creation of management reports, presentations, and analysis.
• Experience with retailer specific business analytic tools.
• Skill merging diverse data from different platforms, formats, and environments.
• Conceptual thinker with proven analytical & problem-solving skills to see "big picture".
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.