Newell Brands National Account Manager, Table Top - Process Solutions in Greenville, South Carolina
Position Title: National Account Manager, Table Tops - Process Solutions
Reports to: Director, Retail Sales and Marketing
Location: Greenville, SC
Position will be responsible for determining the overall strategic direction of Grocery Channel accounts with a primary emphasis on medium to small accounts for the Lifoam Retail & TableTop product lines; including the go to market strategy and results. The individual will oversee the development of customer and broker specific strategies and individual customer development. They will oversee the continual improvement of the organization’s customer relationship capabilities while managing the opportunities and risks associated with achieving the annual plan. They will evaluate and summarize key learnings, inputting them into future plans and work with management team to align strategies and activities with the overall business objectives. They will be the primary retailer and broker contact and execute the day to day selling responsibilities associated with this account.
• To achieve or exceed assigned sales quota by brand and in total
• To aggressively solicit orders from present and prospective new direct accounts and sub groups for our entire line of branded cards, accessories, and new products
• To develop creative merchandising programs for all accounts and co-author special merchandising programs or new products that deliver the greatest volume and meet profitability goals of the company.
• To cover territory in an effective and efficient manner ensuring proper quality and frequency of account coverage
• To deliver distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing results with excellence
• To penetrate all levels of assigned accounts through multiple departments (i.e. buying, logistics, service and replenishment)
• To provide useful and practical service to customers
• To develop strong business relationships at key accounts with personnel above the buyer level
• To comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives and for maximum profitable sales
• To cooperate with all personnel in the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service department on the execution of company programs
• To aggressively sell merchandising programs as directed
• To track and resolve all sales-related customer deductions in a timely and efficient manner
• To authorize “return” goods in accordance with company policy
• To develop sales forecasts, by account and brand as directed by the manager
• To operate within all assigned selling expense and trade budgets
• To develop and submit proposals for special trade programs at selected accounts as necessary
• To ensure correct invoicing at all accounts and follow up on past due payments as necessary
• To maintain up-to-date customer record books and other records in accordance with company instructions
• To be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices, and to keep, management informed concerning them
• To prepare and submit call and expense reports as required
• To submit any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions as may be requested, specifically Account POS information.
• To recommend the addition of new products and the modification or deletion of present products to the line as appropriate
•To attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed
• Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or other or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
• Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
• Establishes and maintains, as stated above, effective working relationships within the department, the corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
• Other assigned tasks.
BS/BA in Business or related field
• A minimum of five to ten years` progressive experience in sales with direct management of cross functional personnel, including sales representatives, sales analysts and logistics personnel.
• Experience working cross functionally in a corporate environment.
• Experience with principles of category management and data-based conceptual selling.
• Experience with sales, reporting and trade tools (e.g. Retail Link, SAP-BI, MEI).
• Sound financial skills to effectively balance between sales and expenses to deliver operating income objectives
• High level of self-awareness and ability to react accordingly in various business/social situations.
• High level of understanding of the CPG industry, staying current on marketplace trends, technology and shopper insights
• High level of communication skills, including effective presentation, verbal and listening skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Must be able to travel 20 percent of work time.
• Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.