Newell Brands Coleman - Retail - 2nd Assistant Manager in Foley, Alabama
Live, Learn, Work and Play
At Coleman our vision is to be the leading outdoor recreation company in the U.S. by developing high-quality, innovative products that enhance the enjoyment of the outdoors and create lasting memories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Meet or exceed store sales and profit plans/budget
Ensure a consistently high level of customer service through, greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding merchandising and signing standards, having knowledge of product location within the store and communicating features and benefits of the products to customers. All other components of Customer Service apply.
Keep current on all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, and advertisements.
Supervise floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping
Work with Store Manager to identify problems and solve them effectively
Support promotions, contests, off-site and on-site tent/truckload sales
Plans work loads in the Store Manager’s and Assistant Manager’s absence
Ensure store compliance with established security, sales, cash handling, inventory and record keeping procedures and policies
Executes store opening and closing procedures. This includes opening/closing registers, performing store closing procedures, ensuring the store is neat, clean and organized for the next day’s business.
Actively supervise and participate with receiving and monitoring back stock product and organization for a neat, clean and organized stock room.
Participate in writing the weekly schedules.
Assist Store Manager in the training and development of store personnel according to Company standards.
Monitor and ensure the sales floor has a strong in stock presentation that is neat, clean and organized.
Merchandise and utilize in store signage according to company standards to promote the product and brand presentation.
Adhere to all Company and Store policies, procedures and practices including safety, loss prevention, dress code, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School graduate; some college preferred
Minimum of 12 months previous retail experience and some experience supervising people
1. Ability to process information/merchandise through the computer system and POS register system
2. Must have the ability to move quickly to registers or other areas of the store when customer or employee assistance is needed.
3. Regularly walks the entire store to check on security and problems/complaints.
4. Ability to open and close store, including operating locks and reaching into store safe.
5. Ability to change store displays, and physically move and reach both high and low items
6. Ability to move shelves and assists in moving physical fixtures as needed.
7. Assist with restroom maintenance, which may include replenishing supplies and picking up paper.
8. Ability to assist in loading and unloading, packing and shipping of inventory.
9. Ability to process paper work associated with accounting and store audits.
10. Ability to read and understand reports.
11. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
12. Ability to be on feet for long periods of timeThe above actions include walking, standing, bending, reaching above and below, climbing, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, grasping heavy objects and/or fixtures, repeated motions, manual dexterity, grasping, carrying, reading, writing, color vision, hearing, sight, counting, and calculations, and the ability to read, understand, and communicate clearly.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: The Coleman Company, Inc.
Requisition Id: 112414
Location: AL - Foley