Newell Brands Technician, Combo in Erlanger, Kentucky
Live, Learn, Work and Play
The United States Playing Card Company is the leader in the production and distribution of premier brands of playing cards, including BICYCLE®, BEE®, AVIATOR® and HOYLE® playing cards. BICYCLE® has been the best selling playing card brand in the world for more than 100 years. The company, based in Cincinnati, Ohio since its founding in 1867, manufactures, markets and distributes playing cards, children's card games, collectible tins, puzzles and card accessories. BICYCLE®, BEE®, AVIATOR® and HOYLE® are registered trademarks of The United States Playing Card Company.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Inspect and feed wrapping machine assist all areas of the KEM department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Review with lead person work to be performed
2. Review the work orders to determine materials required for the daily production
3. Comply with production documentation and standard operating procedures
4. Perform deck inspection per written procedures. Identify and notify lead operator and/or supervisor of defects.
5. Ensure that all component materials such as hanging tabs, tear tabs, tuck cases, cellophane and cartons are in adequate supply, loaded properly, and correct for each work order
6. Maintain a neat and orderly work area, making sure that materials and equipment are in their correct place, that trash is cleared away, and that 5S standards are met
7. Understand various quality levels and audit accordingly as different products are produced
8. Reject product that does not meet qualifications and place in scrap container
9. Coordinate the containment of defective product with team members
10. Clamp and sand punched decks to written procedures
11. Assist punch operator during production
12. Willingness to train on all equipment
13. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum 1 to 2 years of work experience
High School diploma or equivalent work experience
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
High attention to detail and judgment based on written procedures and guidelines
Ability to quickly identify production problems and ability to identify quality problems
Ability to work well with others and cooperate with team members and leadership team
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Sitting at workstation as little as 20% of work time, standing and walking as much as 80% depending on assignment
Lift / push / pull up to 35 pounds
Ability to twist, reach, squat, and bend
Requires ability to reach, grasp, and manipulate objects
Full color vision
Involves moderate risks or discomforts and special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, pallets, trucks and machines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
COMPANY: The US Playing Card Company
Requisition Id: 112510
Location: KY - Erlanger