Newell Brands 3rd Shift Quality Systems Supervisor - United States Playing Card Company in Erlanger, Kentucky
Position Title: Quality Systems Supervisor – 3rd Shift
(Sunday – Thursday night from 1030pm-645am)
Location: Erlanger, KY
Reports To: Sr. Quality Manager
Responsible for improving product quality in playing card manufacturing by being a daily presence in Operations to assist in product dispositions, isolations and performing root cause analysis investigations. Supports overall continual improvement of Quality through teamwork, disciplined methods, sampling, experimentation support, data collection, auditing, communication and reporting.
• Improve finished product auditing practices; monitor data and communicate to the Finishing Department areas of concern.
• Aide in troubleshooting root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions for process related concerns based on a keen understanding of USPC’s manufacturing processes.
• Conduct FMEAs and use results to make recommendations for process improvements.
• Train new hires on quality procedures as well as conduct refresher training for existing employees.
• Provide effective communication to personnel on multiple shifts and perform in-person shift hand-offs as needed.
• Assist Quality Manager in establishing and implementing the Quality Management System
• Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the Quality System such as 5S, Kaizen, error proofing, etc.
• Assist in researching customer complaints; help implement corrective action and audit for effectiveness.
• Act as a Quality representative in the Finishing Process and make recommendations for quarantined product on a daily basis. Assist with directing rework of quarantined product.
• Perform process audits to determine conformance to established procedures and standards.
• Support large scale Quality initiatives and projects as needed
• High school diploma or equivalent education
• Minimum 5 years of experience with both supervising personnel and Quality Systems
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Green Belt certification preferred.
• Must be self-directed and able to safely work at a pace that meets or exceeds the departmental standards.
• Comfortable and confident in making independent decisions and judgement calls in a dynamic production environment.
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and SAP.
• Proficiency in writing internal procedures and creating visual aids.
• Knowledgeable in 5S and Lean Manufacturing techniques. Professional training in these areas is preferred.
• Must be team-oriented, have excellent attendance, time management, critical thinking, attention to detail, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Ability to balance long term projects and day to day tasks.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.